Thursday, November 7, 2019

Memories and Relationships


I discovered that one of my father’s favorite TV shows was available on DVD.

My father left this world almost forty years ago.

Watching these old episodes again brought back some great memories of long ago.

I remember some things very clearly.

I recall being a very small boy at the time.

I remember my father sitting in his favorite chair just before the program started.

I also remember that I always stopped playing.

Then, I would sit on the floor right next to my father.

I did this because I wanted to feel close to him.

I recall how we exchanged glances.

I also remember how my father would smile at me.

Then the program would start.

I recall sitting very quietly for the next hour so as not to disturb him.

I’ll admit I found the program’s opening theme and graphics a bit frightening.

One look toward my father’s confident face and that would quickly dispel any fears.

I did not get much out of the program back then.

Its premise was far beyond my grasp.

It did however allow me the opportunity to spend some time with my father.

These memories make me think of my relationship with my Heavenly Father.

Often, it is enough for me just to sit quietly in His presence.

To feel a special closeness and to feel loved in return.

And when the world seems chaotic a look toward Him makes all my fears vanish.

No matter how old I grow; He always considers me His child.

Hebrews 11:6 (NET) - Now without faith it is impossible to please him, for the one who approaches God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
Look for me at https://faithfulfeetteam.blogspot.com/ on Friday, November 15, 2019.
I’ll be back here on Friday, November 22, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment