Thursday, October 24, 2019

All the Above


It has been an eventful week.

It has been full of people and events.

Some events were good.

Some were not so good.

A friend’s father passed away.

Another friend was due to be released from the hospital.

Some friends were able to help me out.

Some were not due to illness.

Some people asked for my help and were understanding.

Some demanded my help and were anything but understanding.

Some gave me clear instructions.

Others gave me instructions that weren’t so clear.

Someone broke into our facility and stole a piece of equipment,

This piece of equipment was used by our children.

I ordered materials for my class.

Some were delivered as expected,

Some got held up and I spent time on the phone sorting things out,

As you can see, some things went my way.

Some things did not go my way.

Some people were helpful and understanding.

Some people were not.

One got good medical news.

One did not.

One even took something used by children.

With everything tallied up, questions arise.

Who among these people needs my love and understanding?

Who among these people should I pray for?

I’ll admit this is a bit of a trick question, but I did give away the answer in the title.

All the people listed above I should love and try to understand.

All of them I should pray for.

This includes those that were difficult.

It even includes the one who stole from us.

Colossians 3:12-13 (NET) - Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with a heart of mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience, bearing with one another and forgiving one another, if someone happens to have a complaint against anyone else. Just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also forgive others.


Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
Look for me at http://faithfulfeetteam.blogspot.com/ on Friday, November 1, 2019.
I’ll be back here on Friday, November 8, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment