Thursday, March 11, 2021

Living in the Light


Micah 7:8 (NET) - My enemies, do not gloat over me! Though I have fallen, I will get up. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light.

There is an expression about being “kept in the dark”.

To be “kept in the dark” means that knowledge has been deliberately withheld.

Each of us knows what this is like.

We have been kept in the dark by elected officials on both sides of the aisle.

We have been kept in the dark by those with whom we work.

Even family and friends sometimes keep us in the dark.

It certainly is worth thinking about.

In fact, it reminds me that I too have been guilty of keeping others in the dark.

That is certainly not the way we were meant to live.

We are meant to live in the light and Jesus is the light of the world.

His light penetrates even the deepest darkness.

His is the light of truth.

The prophet Micah understood this.

True, the book of Micah describes God’s judgement on His people.

Also true is the fact it prophesied Christ’s birth.

Difficult times and difficult people do not last forever.

Neither does the darkness.

So, get up and step into the light of Jesus!

1 Thessalonians 5:5 (NET) - For you all are sons of the light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of the darkness.

Living in the dark is no way to live.

The best way to live is to live in the light!

We must therefore allow the light of Christ to shine in us and through us.


Blessings,

Jim Pokorny

The Other Brother Jim

Look for me at https://faithfulfeetteam.blogspot.com/ on Friday, March 19, 2021.

I will be back here on Friday, March 26, 2021

 


No comments:

Post a Comment