Thursday, December 10, 2020

Doing It All

`

Philippians 4:13 (NET) - I am able to do all things through the one who strengthens me.

Despite the pandemic, December finds me extremely busy.

The Sunday School class I teach is gearing back up.

Work has me very busy, or as my father would say: “snowed under”.

More and more people are counting on my support.

We are now well into the season of Advent and Christmas will be here very soon.

That is why I love this verse from Philippians.

I’ve often referred to it as my “go to” verse.

No matter how many things pile up on my plate, this verse is a great reminder.

It reminds me not to count on my own strength, but to rely on His.

This is what helps me cope when things start to pile up.

Sometimes, we think we just don’t have room on our plates for one more thing.

That is when God does the unexpected.

He doesn’t remove things from our plate.

Instead, He just gives us a bigger plate.

Which, if you think about it, is not completely surprising.

God frequently does the unexpected.

He did that 2,000 years ago when He sent us His Son.

He came not as a general of political ruler in the presence of the powerful.

Christ came to us as an infant; born to obedient parents and announced to humble shepherds.

Christ reminded us we could not serve two masters.

If we did, we would love one and hate the other.

That is why we should do everything as as we would for God,

When we keep God first, He helps us prioritize "all things" that we do.


Blessings,

Jim Pokorny

The Other Brother Jim

Look for me at https://faithfulfeetteam.blogspot.com/ on Friday, December 18, 2020.

I’ll be back here on Friday, December 25, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment