Thursday, January 24, 2019

Whatever He Tells You


On Sunday I listened to our pastor deliver a message on the first miracle Jesus performed.

It was a miracle that took place at a wedding celebration.

Everything was going fine until the wine ran out.

Mary, the mother of Jesus, told Him about this.

In a somewhat cryptic manner Jesus asked what this had to do with Him.

Jesus then reminded Mary that His time had not yet come.

Mary then told the servants to do whatever He told them to do.

John 2:5 (NET) - His mother told the servants, “Whatever he tells you, do it.”

Jesus instructed the servants to fill six very large stone jars with water.

This done, Jesus told them to draw some of it out and take it to the head steward.

By the time the steward sampled this, the water had been transformed into wine.

Moreover, it was better than the original wine they started with.

So much so it was remarked upon.

John 2:9-10 (NET) - When the head steward tasted the water that had been turned to wine, not knowing where it came from (though the servants who had drawn the water knew), he called the bridegroom and said to him, “Everyone serves the good wine first, and then the cheaper wine when the guests are drunk. You have kept the good wine until now!”

A short time before I heard my pastor’s message, I had just finished teaching my class.

In this class, we are exploring what the Bible has to say about Heaven.

As I pondered the pastor’s sermon in my mind I was reminded that death is not the end.

There is more to come.

Not only is there more to come, what awaits us is even better.

No matter how much we love this life and that which goes with it, what is to come will be even better.

The question then becomes, how can we make certain we will be a part of it.

I think Mary gave us the answer when she said, “Whatever He tells you, do it.

We can start by loving God and loving our neighbor.


Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
Look for me at http://faithfulfeetteam.blogspot.com/ on Friday, February 1, 2019.
I will be back here on Friday, February 8, 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment