Thursday, August 9, 2018

One Master


Matthew 6:24 (NET) - No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

These words have been on my mind a great deal lately.

They clearly indicate that each of us must make a choice between serving God or serving money.

But it’s the first part of the verse that I find myself reflecting on.

The part about trying to serve two masters and loving only one of them.

I think if you were to ask 100 people what my purpose is in this world, you would likely get 100 different answers.

It does not matter if you ask people at the corporate level or even people I work with in person daily.

It does not even matter if you ask people with whom I go to church.

I think everyone asked would define my role in a different way.

Their definition would likely revolve around what I specifically do for them.

I think this applies to most people.

Does that mean we should select only one to love?

Quite the contrary.

It means loving and helping everyone God has placed in our lives.

By doing that, we are ultimately serving God and God remains our one and only master.


Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
Look for me at http://faithfulfeetteam.blogspot.com/ on Friday, August 17, 2018.
I will be back here on Friday, August 24, 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment