Thursday, March 8, 2018

Change


I recently had another birthday.

For some reason, people like to make a fuss about another completed lap around the sun.

As I thought about this particular birthday, I reflected upon change.

It almost goes without saying that I have changed a great deal over the years.

That is as it should be.

Change is a natural part of our physical existence.

It should also be a vital part of our spiritual existence as well.

Paul understood that and tried to explain this to the believers in Corinth.

1 Corinthians 13:11 (NET) - When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. But when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways.

This is a large part of what growing as a Christian means.

From the time we are young until the time we die we must change.

We must grow.

We must become more like Jesus.

Paul tried to explain this to the Corinthians as well.

1 Corinthians 11:1 (NET) - Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ.

Effective change means we should become more and more like Christ.

For human beings, change is a process.

A process that continues day by day throughout our lives.

We should be more like Christ today than we were yesterday.

We should be more like Christ tomorrow than we are today.

We are fortunate.

While change is a process for us, it is not so for Christ.

Christ never changes.

Hebrews 13:8 (NET) - Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever!

Christ is our standard.

We might not achieve that standard tomorrow.

But, we should find ourselves a step closer.


Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
Look for me at http://faithfulfeetteam.blogspot.com/ on Friday, March 16, 2018.
I will be back here on Friday, March 23, 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment