Thursday, December 7, 2017

Two Little Girls in the Snow

This is not the devotional I originally planned to post today.

Even at my age, God still finds ways to both surprise and inspire me.

Thursday evening found me at my church along with a number of my friends.

We were all busy working away getting things ready for Christmas.

As we were finishing up, someone noticed that it was actually snowing outside.

Of course, we all stepped outside to take a look.

You see, it rarely snows where I live and to have snow this early in the season is rare indeed.

We went back inside and finished what we had to do.

When it came time to leave, a few of us just stood out in the cold and admired the snow.

I carefully drove home trying not to let the weather distract me.

As I got ready to turn into my drive, I noticed two little girls running around.

They were paying more attention to the snow than to my car, so I entered my drive slowly.

Their mother called them over to her allowing me to safely park my car.

In no time, the two girls returned to their celebration of the snow.

I took a moment to speak to their mother.

As we spoke, I considered what God showed me.

He showed me the white snow, the watchful eye of a loving parent and the pure joy found only in children.

He was also reminding me of the words of the prophet Isaiah.

Isaiah 1:18 (NET) - Come, let’s consider your options,” says the Lord. “Though your sins have stained you like the color red, you can become white like snow; though they are as easy to see as the color scarlet, you can become white like wool.

As we get deeper into the Christmas season I am reminded of the fulfilment of this prophecy.

God is our loving Father who calls us to Him to keep us safe from the world.

As we celebrate the birth of His Son, we should remember that it is Jesus who cleanses us from our sin.

Christ was the perfect sacrifice – the Lamb without blemish and without spot.

We no longer have to be stained like scarlet.

We can be made as white as snow.

Perhaps we can also take a lesson from these two little girls and their excitement.

Perhaps we should allow ourselves to get more excited about our salvation.

Perhaps that would make us more eager to share the Good News with others.


Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
Look for me at http://faithfulfeetteam.blogspot.com/ on Friday, December 15, 2017.
I will be back here on Friday, December 22, 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment