Thursday, June 11, 2015

I Didn't Know

I never have to look far to see God’s blessings in my life.

Every year when Vacation Bible School comes around I can always count on God blessing me through a child.

This year was no exception.

This year I taught the adult class and we studied the life and faith of Jan Hus.

Hus was burned at the stake in 1415, but his example influenced those that founded my church in 1457.

The books that Hus wrote were gathered and publicly burned prior to his execution.

I certainly would not put my writing on the same level as that of Hus, but there is one thing our writings have in common.

Writing is a form of worship and I cannot begin to imagine how it would feel to have that destroyed by men,

I explained that to my class.

I also added that any service performed for the Lord is a form of worship.

As I personally knew the students in that class I looked at each in turn and called out one of the services each performed.

I reminded them that each of these services was a form of worship.

As things came to a close that evening I stayed around to help lock up for the night.

A little boy saw me using my keys as I locked a set of doors.

He ran up to me and said, “Hey! I didn’t know you worked here!”

He knew nothing of my teaching or my writing or anything else about me.

All he saw was me using a set of keys and concluded that I was on the staff.

At that point I remembered what I shared with my class about every service being a form of worship,

I felt extremely loved by God at that moment.

I looked at the little boy, smiled and said, “Yes. I work here. In fact, I have worked here for a very long time.”

He smiled and returned to his family who were waiting nearby.

I removed the key from the lock and thanked God for this very special blessing.

Colossians 3:23-24 (NET) – Whatever you are doing, work at it with enthusiasm, as to the Lord and not for people, because you know that you will receive your inheritance from the Lord as your reward. Serve the Lord Christ.



Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
Look for me at http://faithfulfeetteam.blogspot.com/ on Friday, June 19, 2015.
I’ll be back here on Friday, June 26, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment