Thursday, October 24, 2013

Don't Go It Alone

Philippians 4:13 (KJV) - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Does being a Christian mean your life will be free from trouble?

Does it mean freedom from stress?

How about freedom from illness and death?

Some ministers on television, on radio and in bookstores might have you believe that.

I would like nothing more than to tell you that becoming a Christian would mean freedom from all things that make life difficult.

I will not because I cannot.

If I did, I would be lying to you and I would not do so.

The plain and simple truth is that Christians encounter trouble.

Christians contend with stress.

Christians encounter illness and death.

Speaking for myself I can assure you that my life became more complicated when I decided to dedicate my life to Christ.

So, why do it?

A very interesting and remarkable thing happens when you hand control of your life over to Him.

He helps you cope.

When trouble comes, He reminds you that you do not face it alone.

Hebrews 13:6 (KJV) - So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

When stress comes, He helps you to remain calm until the storm passes.

When illness comes, whether our own or that of a loved one, the believer can turn to Him.

What of death?

The Christian knows that Christ has conquered death once and for all.

1 Corinthians 15:55 (KJV) - O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

For the believer, death is not the end.

Death is a transition.

It a transition from this world to eternity.

Life may not become easier as a Christian, but there is one thing of which I can assure you.

Life is far better with Him than it is without Him.


Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The  Other Brother Jim
Look for me at http://faithfulfeetteam.blogspot.com/ on Friday, November 1, 2013.
Please enjoy the contributions of my fellow Christian bloggers while you are there!
I’ll be back here on Friday, November 8, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment