Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Master Weaver

Psalm 139:13 (NET) - Certainly you made my mind and my heart, you wove me together in my mothers womb.


I love Psalm 139 for a number of reasons.

Take verse 13 for example.

Because God made my mind and heart he understands me better than anyone,

He knows me better than I even know myself.

I am especially moved by how He "wove me together".

Knowledge of the reproduction process tells me that half of my very first cell was composed from genetic material from my mother and the other half from my father.

I also know that cell divided into two cells which turned into four and so on.

Where I really see God at work in the weaving process is in how new cells become specialized for their future functions.

Cells that eventually made up my brain are very different than cells that made up my bones.

Even my very blood is composed of different kinds of cells.

I did not simply end up as mass of completely identical cells.

Psalm 139:14 (NET) - I will give thanks because your deeds are awesome and amazing. You know me thoroughly;

I am indeed thankful that God is all knowing and all powerful.

I am also grateful that even when others misunderstand me, God never misunderstands me because he knows me at the most intimate level.

No one else can claim to know me that well.

Psalm 139:16 (NET) - Your eyes saw me when I was in the womb. All the days ordained for me were recorded in your scroll before one of them came into existence.

Even my physical weaknesses, such as my rather poor eyesight were ordained by Him.

My life, including my service to Him, would not be what it is today, had I been born with perfect eyesight.

My less than perfect sight is not a result of God’s imperfections.

God has no imperfections.

My weaknesses are the result of His perfect plan.

While my eyesight may be less than perfect by earthly standards, you will never hear me complain once about the vision he has given me in its place.

Psalm 139:17-18 (NET) - How difficult it is for me to fathom your thoughts about me, O God! How vast is their sum total! If I tried to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. Even if I finished counting them, I would still have to contend with you.

I do not know what God has planned for my future here on earth.

A mere ten years ago I could not have imagined my life today.

Similarly, I cannot foretell what my life on earth will be like ten years from now,

For that matter, I do not even know if I will have a life here on earth ten years from now,

That sort of unknown frightens some people,

I know, because there was a time in my life when thoughts like that frightened me.

I may not know what age I will ultimately reach, but God knows and that is sufficient for me.

Through His word, I know that when my days on earth are complete a home in heaven awaits me.

A home that awaits all who have put their faith in Jesus Christ.

And therein lies a great deal of comfort.


Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
Look for me at http://faithfulfeetteam.blogspot.com/ on Friday, July 5, 2013.
Please enjoy the contributions of my fellow Christian bloggers while you are there!
I’ll be back here on Friday, July 12, 2013.
Schedule subject to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment